- Some 22 Chinese schoolchildren in Henan Province were injured in a knife attack by a 36-year old village man, according to China's official news agency.
- The EU's Human Rights Court has ruled that the CIA tortured a wrongfully detained German man in 2004 while Macedonian police did nothing to stop the violent interrogation.
- A North Carolina judge has commuted the sentenced of three black death row inmates to life in prison after finding racial bias resulted in a death penalty sentence.
- Swiss banking giant UBS is facing more than $1 billion in fines for its role in manipulating the Libor interest rate over several years.
- Google Maps is back on the iPhone with a new app finally giving iOS 6 users a choice over the much maligned Apple Maps utility.
Friday, December 14, 2012
Posted by Zandar