- President Obama will cut short his family Hawaii vacation to return to Washington DC today and tackle the fiscal cliff.
- Famed Russian arms designer Mikhail Kalashnikov, cfather of the AK-47 rifle, is intensive care after complaining of weakness and chest pain.
- Environmentalists and local officials in North Carolina and Virginia are raising concerns about a planned $10 billion uranium mine in southeastern Virginia.
- It's Volkswagen versus General Motors in China as trade disputes with Japan sink Toyota to a distant third in Chinese auto sales.
- The world's property insurance giants are taking climate change seriously as weather-related incidents are costing the industry $1.2 trillion yearly.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Posted by Zandar