- North Korea says it will conduct more nuclear and long-range rocket tests as part of a deliberate confrontation with the United States.
- The UK's top medical adviser says the country should consider a possible pandemic of antibiotic-resistant diseases as a national emergency scenario comparable to a terrorist strike.
- With a 285-144 vote, House Republicans have passed a three month suspension of the debt ceiling, and the legislation is expected to go to the Senate.
- The Department of Transportation and the FAA will continue to ground the Boeing 787 Dreamliner until a cause of battery fires on the planes has been found.
- Google says that with standards from Congress stalled by partisan fighting, the company will choose to require a warrant to release information on its Gmail users.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Posted by Zandar