- The Korean space race continues as South Korea successfully put its first satellite into orbit on Tuesday.
- The annual Reporters Without Borders index of press freedoms finds the United States dropping to 32nd in the world, with Finland number one.
- A new poll finds two-thirds of Americans support the Pentagon's recent decision to open direct ground combat jobs to women.
- The continuing austerity-driven Spanish recession was worse than expected, with 4th quarter 2012 numbers coming in at a larger than forecast 0.7% GDP contraction.
- Microsoft has launched its subscription-based Office 365 service, streaming familiar apps like Word and Outlook to consumers for $100 a year.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Posted by Zandar