Monday, August 17, 2015

Berned Again And Again

I'm starting to think that Bernie Sanders is a bit resentful that black voters haven't fallen in love with him yet when the alternative is Hillary Clinton, and that he doesn't understand why that hasn't happened yet.

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said on NBC’s Meet the Press that he doesn’t believe that he owes the #BlackLivesMatter protest movement an apology, even though his own staff already apologized to them.

Host Chuck Todd began by asking about a Buzzfeed piece revealing that his campaign had reached out to #BlackLivesMatter protesters after they stormed the stage of a Sanders rally and took his mic. “I apologize it took our campaign so long,” the campaign’s African-American outreach director Marcus Ferrell told them in an email.

Well, that was sent out by a staffer, not by me,” Sanders said. “Look, we are reaching out to all kinds of groups. Absolutely I met with folks at Black Lives Matter.”

“I understand that you said a staffer put it out, but you felt an apology was necessary?” Todd asked.

No, I don’t. I think we’re going to be working with all groups. This was sent out without my knowledge,” Sanders said.

I'm sorry Senator Sanders that black voters asking questions about you or wanting to hold you accountable for your 25 year record in Congress are starting to annoy you.  I'm sorry that we're too stupid to figure out that you're the obvious candidate for saving black America from itself.  I'm sorry that we made you look bad on television and stuff.

On second thought, I'm not sorry at all, asshole.

You don't owe BLM an apology, great.

I don't owe you my primary vote, either.  You've got to earn that and you're still doing a terrible job of it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails