Sunday, March 6, 2016

Last Call For A First Lady

Former First Lady Nancy Reagan passed away today at age 94.

Reagan died at her home in Los Angeles of congestive heart failure, according to her spokeswoman, Joanne Drake of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
"Mrs. Reagan will be buried at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, next to her husband, Ronald Wilson Reagan, who died on June 5, 2004. Prior to the funeral service, there will be an opportunity for members of the public to pay their respects at the library," Drake said in a statement. 
The former first lady requested that contributions be made to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Foundation in lieu of flowers, the statement said.

Like most folks of my generation, I grew up with her Just Say No motto all over TV in the 80's and her husband's DARE programs in school.  Whether or not they worked, well, I don't honestly know. Did they stop anyone from trying drugs?  Couldn't tell you, I never had the desire to try.

That's about the fairest thing I can say, other than I hope to make it to 94 myself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails