- Memorial events in NYC, Washington DC, and Shanksville, Pennsylvania marked the 15th anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 attack on the United States.
- The US, Japan, and South Korea are all looking at sanctions against North Korea in the wake of Friday's underground nuclear test by Pyongyang.
- Syrian rebels are cautiously agreeing to a week-long cease fire sponsored by US and Russian agreement, but sporadic battles continue across the country.
- Samsung's market value has dropped by more than $20 billion after US officials cautioned Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users to stop using their smartphones due to battery safety issues.
- After 45 years of controversy, a 900-year-old Mayan astronomy codex has been confirmed by experts and scientists to now be the oldest book found in the Americas.
Monday, September 12, 2016
Vacation's over, and back to the issues at hand. Thanks for sticking around last week, dear readers.