Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Last Call

I wonder if CNBC has learned anything since the Cramer/Stewart fiasco last week. Let me go check to see if they're doing responsible economic journalism and reigning in the happy face, head in the sand mentality that persuaded so many people to buy into the economic disaster of the last two years, especially given the evidence that the worst is still on the way as the commercial real estate market cracks up...

Well, let's see here...
Call off Depression 2.0.

While still far from health, the U.S. economy is showing some encouraging signs of life as consumers tiptoe back to the shopping mall, home builders pick up their hammers, and manufacturers clear out inventory.

That suggests the soon-to-be-completed first quarter will be as bad as it gets, and apocalyptic fears of another lengthy, painful Great Depression look unwarranted.

Oh f*ck it all. It's St. Patty's Day, I'm gonna go have a Guinness and a corned beef sammich.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't get any corned beef... :-( All 2 locations offering it out here were packed. I did have a steak, though - so I got the "beef" part, anyway.

Related Posts with Thumbnails