Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Got A Tiger By His Tale, Part 2

Hey look, Tiger's cribbing from the Mark Sanford/John Edwards playbook now.
Saying that he has "not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves," golf superstar Tiger Woods just posted an online statement that concedes he has "let my family down."
It's the most Woods has said so far about the circumstances surrounding the late-night car accident outside his home last Friday and the Internet-fueled rumors about his personal life.

But the world's first $1 billion athlete doesn't give any details about what happened or the "personal sins" he says he's committed.
The statement is kind of bizarre, to say the least:
I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.
I like Tiger.  He's an athlete.  But the guy has literally built a $900 million brand out of his own image, and it just floors me to see him A) calling for privacy and B) sounding like any wide array of politicians who have been caught red-handed fooling around.

I don't have a hell of a lot of sympathy for the guy if his problems are of his own making.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this guy is boycotting all of tiger dipstick's sponsors. whoops.

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/1688-The-American-Double-Standard-Tiger-Woods.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails