Monday, December 7, 2009

It Takes A Village Of Hundreds To Hold Obama Back

Via John Cole, here's President Obama on the Village and his recent trip to Asia:
I mentioned that I was in Asia on this trip thinking about the economy, when I sat down for a round of interviews. Not one of them asked me about Asia. Not one of them asked me about the economy. I was asked several times about had I read Sarah Palin’s book. (Laughter.) True. But it’s an indication of how our political debate doesn’t match up with what we need to do and where we need to go.
Took him long enough to understand that the Village is most certainly part of the problem in Washington.  Question is, what can he do about it?  Going to the blog news outlets is certainly a start.  Bush did too, and he was able to get his message out on the right-wing blogs pretty loudly.  No reason Obama can't do the same on the other direction...and more intelligently, Obama is embracing the blogs on all sides of the spectrum.

1 comment:

Paul W. said...

He knew, if he didn't know back in the primaries with Rev Wright and the "cling to their guns" gaffe then he would never have made it through the McCain "news cycle first!" campaign strategy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails