Monday, July 19, 2010

Marco Rubio's Straw Maddow Argument

A strange ad out from Marco Rubio in Florida that basically says he's completely and 100% right on his GOP boilerplate economic plan because "Rachel Maddow says it's wrong."

No really, that's his entire argument.
Florida GOP Senate candidate Marco Rubio is out with a new web video laying out the argument that his recently released "12 simple ideas to grow the economy and create jobs" are smart simply because MSNBC host Rachel Maddow disagrees with them.

"How can you know the plan is right?" text reads in the video. "Rachel Maddow thinks it's wrong."

The ad then highlights a few staples of Marco Rubio's economic platform:
Marco Rubio Supports:
Extending the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts.
Cutting taxes for American businesses.
Ending double taxation.
Repealing and replacing Obamacare.
The video concludes with the implication that if you "think Marco's ideas are wrong," you should just go ahead and watch Rachel Maddow. If you agree with Rubio however, you can donate to his campaign.
How did Rachel Maddow end up the bogeyman in 2010?  Rubio's got nothing better to do than to run against a TV news host?  Hey Waffles, you writing political ads for people?

No wonder Rubio's losing.

7 comments:

Lowkey said...

@Zandar:

Two vaguely related rambling thoughts.

1. One, we need a new insult for Waffles. I feed Waffles, and I don't regret it. Sure, he's a griefing contrarian looking to bust chops, but hey, everyone outside of Oakland hates the Raiders. As often as he argues parallel to the topic, or gives queasy cover to badthink rather than retreat and forfeit a point of contention, I can honestly say that, in his and my discussions, we spar in the same ring, and more often than not, cut more friendly jokes than acidic ones. What's one step above a troll in the order of species? BA-ZING! Way to name-drop him in your post. SNAPPITY SNAP SNAP! Of course, by your action, he's basically achieved Troll Immortality now... haven't you now both hat-tipped to him, AND personally snarked him by name in proper posts? Now, in the Negative Zone, this blog is called Waffles Versus The Stupid, while you ruthlessly bust his balls from your libtard cave. Plus, you both have bitchin' goatees. Unless you have them here, in which case, you don't there.

2. I offer these thoughts from my belly-button about Waffles, because I'm about to acknowledge the existence of a troll for whom I have no respect, violating a critical Internetz Survival Guide rule. But my curiosity is too strong to keep not asking, so here goes. This "TheStupid" person purports to work with you, correct? Has this person made him or herself plainly known to you, face to face, to unambiguously explain to you why it is wretchedly awful that you appear to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time? I tune into your ongoing little "Days of Our Blogospheres" whenever I happen to be cruising the commentary during one of these 7th grade, Heathers-esque eruptions, but this is the salient detail I've always missed.

Lowkey said...

@Zandar:

ROFL, Blogmaster faster than blogfanboy. You can chuck my comment if you want, I won't be offended. The question still stands, if you're willing, though...

Zandar said...

No, they haven't.

Like I've said before, they're pretty much a coward.

Lowkey said...

Wow. You're a lot more generous than I am, Z. Everyone's had a person (or persons) like this in their life at some point, but I've never had the exciting twist of an ongoing, publicly available passion project for them to painlessly attempt to fuck with.

Wondering out loud... you ever thought about backtracking this person? You're IT... you know there ain't no such thing as no fingerprints in the Interwebs. I don't know how your mind runs in the background, but I know I'd be fiercely curious to know if this was some pissy weasel at work, or some pissy wingnut with a pamphlet about your company and a CUNNING PLAN!!!

In Ur Blog Eatin Waffles (Accept no fail imitations) said...

See I stop posting and Z brings me up in a post, you miss me don't you?

Sorry on vacation for the week so may not have time to post :-)

Lowkey said...

WAFFLES! Welcome back, man, we mis...

Ahem.

Whatever, dude, did you go someplace?

In Ur Blog Eatin Waffles (Accept no fail imitations) said...

Nah just relaxin

Related Posts with Thumbnails