- LA Angels pitcher Ervin Santana threw a complete game no-hitter and still gave up an unearned run on a fielding error and wild pitch, beating the Indians 3-1.
- Japanese women retain the world's highest life expectancy, although for the first time in five years that number shrank slightly.
- Despite pressure from Democrats in Congress, the White House continues to refuse to put the President's use of the 14th Amendment on the table to solve the debt ceiling crisis.
- The ten biggest US banks continue to create new fees on customers in order to make up for "lost revenue" from Dodd-Frank financial rules.
- A new study finds large regional broadband internet speed disparities across the country.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Posted by Zandar