Monday, November 7, 2011

Andy Williams Cancels Christmas Shows

I read a couple of days ago that Andy Williams was not going to be doing his regular Christmas shows (which is a big old deal in Branson).  I wondered then if he was sick or if something was going on, because Christmas is one of his biggest celebrations.  Yesterday, he broke the news that he has cancer.

When Andy Williams performed at his Moon River Theater in Missouri on Saturday, fans came out for what was supposed to be a special Christmas celebration. Instead, the "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" crooner made a health announcement that was less than festive.

"I do have cancer of the bladder,” Williams, 83, said, according to the Branson Tri-Lakes News. "But that is no longer a death sentence. People with cancer are getting through this thing. They’re kicking it, and they're winning more and more every year. And I'm going to be one of them."

I'm actually a fan of Williams and his show. I hope he's back up soon and making the world a better place, two hours at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails