Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kelly Osbourne, Meet The High Road

Read the whole article on People.com.

Don't expect Christina Aguilera to get an apology from Kelly Osbourne. 

The Fashion Police cohost, 27, infamously called The Voice mentor, 31, fat on TV, and she's not retracting any time soon. 

"She called me fat for years," Osbourne, who dropped 50 pounds in 2010, tells Glamour magazine. "I said, 'F––– you, now you're fat, too! ... Now you know how it feels!" 

"I'm sorry," she continues, "but I stand by that." 

And Osbourne would have no problem telling that to Aguilera directly. 

"I make a point on the show never to say anything about anybody that I wouldn't say directly to their face," she says. "I'm famous and she's famous. It doesn't mean I can't stand up for myself. I took it for 10 years, and finally decided to be like, 'You know what? I'm done.' " 
Few things here.  First, are we really still a society where name calling is effective?  I've been called everything from fat in elementary school to a child killer because I'm pro-choice.  Having been called names my entire life, I learned early on that it doesn't change a thing.  The "you did it to me so I'm going to do it to you" mentality is also frightening, and makes Osbourne look like a fat girl who never got over herself.  Which is pretty much on target.

Just because you would say it to someone's face doesn't make it right.  Just because you're on top of things at the moment doesn't mean you squash someone who is having a rough patch.  Aguilera has come a long way, from a trashy teen grabbing headlines to a woman, mother and even activist.  Maybe she has grown up.  Kelly Osbourne sure hasn't.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails