Sunday, April 15, 2012

Yabba Dabba Waitaminute

I was really excited when I learned Seth MacFarlane was going to redo The Flintstones.  It was one of my favorites (I'm old enough to remember Saturday morning cartoons) and there was a certain magic about a big burly guy with a heart of gold, and a loyal friend who joined in every time.  Even as a kid, I realized they missed the chances for some great jokes, most likely due to the time period.  After all, in the 60s television was far more conservative than it is now.  However, it's been put on hold due to MacFarlane's incredibly busy schedule, so the 2013 launch date was pushed back.

MacFarlane hasn't quit on the project, he's just enjoying a streak of good fortune.  Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show all got picked up for a new season, plus he is working on a project related to Carl Sagan's Cosmos.  I hadn't heard about the latter, but for those who are disappointed there will be new material to watch while we wait for Flintstones to make it to the screen.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails