Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It Makes My Brain Hurt

The irony of this could power suns for aeons.

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, a Fox News contributor, tea party activist and personal friend of Sean Hannity’s said in a sermon recently published to YouTube that America’s greatest mistake was allowing women the right to vote, adding that back in “the good old days, men knew that women are crazy and they knew how to deal with them.”

In the video, published to YouTube in March, Peterson explains that he believes women simply can’t handle “anything,” and that in his experience, “You walk up to them with a issue, they freak out right away. They go nuts. They get mad. They get upset, just like that. They have no patience because it’s not in their nature. They don’t have love. They don’t have love.”

Reverend Patterson, like myself, is an African-American.  The irony of any African-American saying other groups shouldn't be allowed to vote while on a cable "news" network dedicated to pushing the notion that African-Americans shouldn't be allowed to vote because they're all criminals and fraudsters actually caused me to slam my head on my desk when I first read the article. 

I just can't fathom it.  It's insane.  It makes me despair for humanity.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails