- Wisconsin GOP Gov. Scott Walker survived his recall effort comfortably, winning 53-46% over Milwaukee's Democratic Mayor Tom Barrett.
- As GOP senators blocked the Paycheck Fairness Act for the second time in three years, Maryland Democrat Barbara Mikulski called for "a new American revolution" by women.
- The US is claiming that a drone strike in Pakistan has taken out Al Qaeda #2 and propagandist Abu Yahya al Libi in a "major blow" to the terrorist group.
- Spain's health care system is in crisis as austerity cuts threaten to disrupt medicine, doctor visits, and long-term care.
- Microsoft is expanding its $99 Xbox offer with a 2-year Xbox Live on-line contract to retailers like Gamestop and Best Buy.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Posted by Zandar