- Former Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohammed Morsi has been elected as Egypt's new president, but his power is being limited by the ruling military council.
- Lonesome George, the last surviving member of the Pinta Island tortoise sub-species, has died in the Galapagos Islands.
- Turkey is now saying that its missing jet has been shot down by Syria over international waters and not over Syrian airspace as NATO officials meet to discuss a response.
- On July 1 a new Mississippi law will make it impossible for the state's only clinic performing abortions to operate, meaning the state could become the first without an elective abortion provider.
- It turns out that world leaders (and their surrogates) do use their Twitter accounts to talk to each other.
Monday, June 25, 2012
Posted by Zandar