- Colorado wildfires continue to ravage that state's forests as more than 30,000 residents near Colorado Springs have been evacuated out of the path of the blaze.
- The EPA has won a major court victory as an appeals court has unanimously decided that the agency does have the authority to regulate greenhouse gases as a public health issue.
- Prolific author, essayist and movie director Nora Ephron has died at 71 due to pneumonia brought on by her battle with leukemia.
- With the party's ban on direct corporate funding of the national convention, Democrats are having fundraising issues and have canceled a convention kickoff event in Charlotte.
- Rhode Island legislators have repealed a 1989 law that made it a crime to knowingly lie online, as critics charged potentially thousands of residents were guilty of breaking it every day.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Posted by Zandar