- Embattled News Corp. will split its film and entertainment division from its news operations as two separate companies, according to a board vote.
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel vows that police will be freed up to catch violent criminals as the city council voted 43-3 to decriminalize small amounts of pot.
- A record slate of fines totaling some $450 million has been levied against British banking giant Barclays, prompting new debate about bank regulation and executive compensation.
- German unemployment is up slightly as the looming European financial crisis is now starting to affect that country's numbers.
- Google's Glass project has officially gone into orders for limited pre-production for developers as the wearable eyeglass-based display will see beta next year...for $1500 a piece.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Posted by Zandar