- Another "green-on-blue" killing in Afghanistan as a uniformed police officer turned his weapon on US forces, killing two, before being shot and killed himself.
- A Picasso glass painting has been rediscovered in Evansville, Indiana after being mislabeled for 50 years, it's being sold at an auction in New York.
- The US Forest Service has ended a 30-year ban on night flying to fight western state wildfires raging in several states.
- The death toll has reached 35 in the police massacre of striking South African miners protesting platinum mining giant Lonmin, Inc.
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange may have been granted asylum in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, but getting out of the country will be far trickier.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Posted by Zandar