- Gambian President Yahya Jammeh says the small African nation will execute all of its death row inmates by the end of the year, including several human rights activists.
- A Yale University study shows that teens who abuse alcohol or tobacco are are twice as likely to try opiates and other hard drugs than marijuana smokers.
- Egypt's Morsi government is asking the IMF for $4.8 billion in loans to stop the country's economy from "freefall" as tourism and investment has all but vanished.
- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon will be in Iran's capital next week, but the summit has drawn strong criticism from Israel while the US is taking a wait and see approach.
- The latest robot revolution: bots made of inflatable, lightweight parts that are interchangeable and portable, and DARPA is all over it.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Posted by Zandar