Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ann Romney Might Be Trying To Save Us All

...from her own husband, that is.

Ann Romney's biggest concern if her husband becomes president would be his ability to maintain his "mental well-being," she said in an interview Thursday with KTVN in Reno, Nev.

Asked what her primary worry would be should her husband succeed in defeating President Obama on Nov. 6, Mrs. Romney replied, "You know, I think my biggest concern, obviously, would just be for his mental well-being."

"I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness and his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy, in his understanding of what's missing right now in the economy - you know, pieces that are missing to get this jumpstarted," she continued. "So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

If I didn't know better, I'd say Ann was lashing out at her husband for forcing her to go through with this disaster, and that she's about one more awful week away from Honey Badger territory on the "give a crap anymore" meter.  I mean, I'd like to think that she's trying to heroically save America from her husband, but I think she's finally figured out that the presidency is Mitt's new trophy wife, and well, the whole hell and the scorning thing.

Hey, I'll take "petty revenge" or "dispassionate loss of campaign mode filter out of apathy" or even "honest screw-up" here too, don't get me wrong.  She's right about the mental health part.  Mitt's in no way emotionally ready for this job, even less so than Bush was.

Either way, Ann is turning in the campaign's secret weapon.

For President Obama.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails