Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gmail Beats Hotmail For #1

Google's Gmail is top dog in e-mail, according to ComScore, which tracks Web site traffic.
In data for October released by ComScore, Gmail saw 287.9 million unique worldwide visitors during the period, edging out Microsoft's Hotmail, which finished with 286.2 million unique visitors. The findings were first reported by GigaOm.
Yahoo still leads in the US and by a large amount.  Frankly, I'm surprised.  I'm also surprised Google is just now passing for number one.  I thought that happened sometime ago and had been verified.  I have nothing against Hotmail or Yahoo, but I have used every major (and most minor) services out there and nothing ever compared to Gmail.  It hooked me immediately, it was the rest of Google's services that took time to win me over.

What say you, readers?  Am I missing some awesome Hotmail or Yahoo feature?  Or is it more a not-Google thing?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails