Monday, December 31, 2012

Zandar's 2012 Scorecard

The tradition continues as I score my predictions for the year from last Dec. 31.

Seems I was right about 5 of 10 at least:
  1. President Obama was reelected, quite handily.
  2. The GOP kept at least one chamber of Congress (House)
  3. 2012 broke box office records.
  4. Sarah Palin was not the GOP veep choice.
  5. ZVTS is still here.

Partial credit on:
  1. The Eurozone nations didn't blow up into crisis mode, but they are in recession thanks to austerity as I did predict.

I was wrong about:
  1. We got extremely close to a GOP candidate breaking the N-word Event Horizon, but no winner.
  2. The GOP didn't shut down the government in 2012.
  3. Syria's al-Assad is still in power, albeit barely.
  4. No military incident on the Iran-Iraq border.  I was very surprised at this one, but glad to be wrong here.

So, 5.5 out of 10 is actually my best score so far out of doing these.   I'll have my predictions for 2013 later today.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails