- By a 257-167 vote, the House has passed the Senate's fiscal cliff deal, but the debt ceiling fight still looms just weeks away.
- The House however did not act on Hurricane Sandy relief legislation, leaving the package to the next Congress.
- Additional taxes on the wealthy involving Obamacare also go into effect this week, which will raise $258 billion over the next decade.
- In Europe, plunging 2012 power prices will continue into 2013 as the Eurozone recession takes a big bite out of power demands.
- Scientists now say they have a reversible molecular rotor engine sitting on a "ball bearing" made of a single ruthenium atom.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Posted by Zandar