- The Alabama Crimson Tide rolled to their second straight BCS college football championship and third title in four years, dispatching Notre Dame 42-14 and prompting talk of a new dynasty.
- With NASA's estimation of 100 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, data suggests there may be as many as 17 billion Earth-sized planets out there.
- South Sudan's second anniversary approaches, as civil war continues to rage on the border with Sudan to the north.
- New noise rules being proposed this week would require electric cars to be outfitted with external speakers to prevent the near silent cars from injuring the visually impaired.
- GOP Rep. Darrel Issa wants the Federal Trade Commission investigated as the possible source of leaks in 2012's antitrust case against Google.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Posted by Zandar