- Mexican officials say at least 25 are dead and more than 100 injured after an explosion at the corporate headquarters of state oil company Pemex in Mexico City.
- Defense Secretary nominee Chuck Hagel faces an uncertain vote after being angrily grilled by several of his former GOP colleagues at his Senate confirmation hearing.
- The judge in the Jerry Sandusky trial in Pennsylvania has denied a request for a new trial, rejecting the defense's logic that Sandusky was railroaded by a speedy trial.
- Dutch mortgage lender SNS has been nationalized as the country's fourth largest bank has been taken over by the government after massive real estate losses.
- New proposed EU regulations on data protection and intellectual copyrights could "spark a trade war" with US tech firms.
Friday, February 1, 2013
Posted by Zandar