Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Last Call For Trumping All Reality

Pretty sure I know what Saturday Night Live's cold open would be this week if the show wasn't on summer break.

Donald Trump said Wednesday that he believes he will win the Latino vote, slamming Hillary Clinton for promoting what he called an immigration policy that would "let everybody come in… killers, criminals, drug dealers." 
"I have a great relationship with the Mexican people. I have many people working for me - look at the job in Washington - I have many legal immigrants working with me. And many of them come from Mexico. They love me, I love them," the 2016 GOP contender said in an interview with NBC News. "And I'll tell you something, if I get the nomination, I'll win the Latino vote." 
Trump said that "there's nothing to apologize for" in relation to his controversial comments about Mexico, arguing that he'll win the support of Latinos because of his record creating jobs. 
"Hillary Clinton is not going to be able to create jobs, I will tell you right now," he said. "Neither is Jeb Bush going to be able to create jobs. I will create jobs and the Latinos will have jobs that they don't have right now. And I will win that vote."

Every time Trump opens his mouth he gains ground in the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries, and gets further behind in the general. It's amazing stuff. Calling Latinos criminals and killers and expecting to win their votes?

But remember, Trump doesn't represent the GOP position on Latinos.  Not in the least.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails