Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zandar's Thought Of The Day

Yggy: "Baucus to Unveil Magical Health Care Bill?"
I can envision two scenarios. One is that the Finance Committee is defining “covers” in a pretty stingy way. A lot of reformers are going to have a big problem with that, if that proves to be the case, though I’m a bit more open-minded about the possible virtues of a bare-bones minimum benefits package. The other, which the artful phrase “scores below $900 billion over 10 years” makes me suspect, is that he’s basically accomplishing this through accounting gimmicks. If you phase a plan in slowly enough, you can get the 10 year score as low as you like.
I'm going to envision a third scenario, where Max Baucus has a hat.



I can totally believe the Senate Finance Committee works like this. Totally.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails