Saturday, May 29, 2010

Zandar's Thought Of The Day

In the end, say what you will about Sarah Palin's politics, political acumen, capacity for wonkery or her speeches:  there is one thing that Sarah Palin does better than practically anyone else in America, and that's playing the victim card.
After that happened, McGinniss -- who is hoping to finish his local research for the book by Labor Day -- became the target of fury from Palin fans. After radio host Mark Levin gave out the author's e-mail address, McGinniss got 5000 messages in four hours, eventually shutting down the account. Wasilla police and state troopers are keeping a watchful eye on the place, although McGinniss said no one had come to the house to threaten him on Friday. He simply didn't anticipate the scale of Palin's response.

"I would term this hysterical," said McGinniss. "The mayor said to me, when I chatted with him in his office a couple of days ago, 'You know, if Sarah had the brains that we like to think she has, Todd would have come back and said, do you know who's living next door? This son of a bitch McGinniss who wrote that Portfolio piece. He's writing a book about you. Sarah should have baked a plate of cookies, and come around the fence, and said hi, and laughed about this.' I would have happily accepted a cookie, and then in my book I would have had a lovely scene about how gracious she had been." McGinniss sighed. "She is, in many ways, a very gracious person."
Even Joe McGinniss himself feels like the bad guy here is Joe McGinniss, when it's not.  And there are probably millions out there who would like to take this guy into the Alaskan woods and "finish his book for him".

If this is really what McGinniss thought, he's either very brave, crazy, or incredibly naive.  Either way, I don't expect him to last much longer up there.  He'll be "convinced" to leave somehow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What she's good at is pointing out how stupid liberal arguments are and a broad majority of Americans agree with her.

Like I said you're just not very good at this. I'm really begging you to put this blog out of its misery. As your friend I feel an intervention is needed!

Zandar said...

Honestly, you're getting very annoying, even obnoxious. If you have a legitimate argument to make, make it.

If you're going to turn this into a high-school pissing contest, then go find another blogger to troll. Really.

Unknown said...

Looks like somebody is upset that he's been called out as a hack dozens of times in the last week...

Let me explain something to you. You started this when you started a blog dedicated to explaining just how smart you are compared to conservatives. So when conservatives come along and totally dismantles your trite thousand word rants in a couple of sentences you get pretty pissy yourself.

I'm telling you that as a pundit you should stick to your day job and give this up because you're not nearly as smart as you think you are. I'm just offering you some advice...just because everyone can write a political blog doesn't mean you should.

And you definitely should not. You can't even defend your own arguments on your own blog!

So look deep within yourself and ask yourself if you should really continue this farce. I'm betting you'll agree with me that the answer is no.

Zandar said...

Seriously?

OK, but if I stop posting to the blog, how will you fill your free time being a condescending prick?

I figure I'm doing you a favor when you come in, post some crazy argument that I refuted in the body of the post itself, then declare victory because you've gotten in the last word. I don't know what your problem with me is as of late, but you're no longer amusing or even annoying...just sad.

You say I'm a hack who should stop wasting his time posting on a blog.

What does that make you, then?

Unknown said...

Judging from the constant smackdowns you're getting on your own blog, that makes me...right.

I'll let you go for the weekend. It's clear that all you have to offer is blind allegiance to Obama and no room for criticism of him or yourself for that matter.

So you're right...I guess I do have better things to do than to waste my time here.

Zandar said...

Yep. You "win". Whatever it is you're trying to prove to yourself by convincing me to give up blogging because you don't agree with what I say and then you arbitrarily declare victory, you "win".

But I do get the last word.

Thread closed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails