Thursday, August 9, 2012

Any Portman Out Of A Storm

I'd say the buzz around Ohio involves Rob Portman, except for the fact that Rob Portman is the most boring human being alive and is incapable of generating buzz, so we'll go with feigned disinterest.

Ohio Sen. Rob Portman threw cold water on the idea of becoming Mitt Romney's running mate on Wednesday, saying he thinks he'll "end up staying" in the Senate.

"I just got elected two years ago. I think that's where I'm going to end up staying," Portman said when asked his thoughts about possibly leaving the Senate and becoming vice president.


"I think it's a very important position right now," Portman continued. The senator reasoned there are pressing issues facing the nation - including the debt, the deficit, developing energy resources and health care issues.

Portman then added: "And right now Congress is paralyzed. And we're really in kind of a partisan gridlock. We need leadership, and that's where I intend to stay. I think I can really help in there."
"That's where I think I'll end up being."

Moments before, the senator used similar words, telling a reporter, "We need Mitt Romney. And I will help him all I can. But I'll probably stay in the United States Senate."

So yes, Rob Portman looks like he's smart enough to not be Mitt's veep.  C'mon Mitt, pick Paul Ryan already so you can be losing by 12 by October and we can get back to trying to keep the Senate.  Zombie-Eyed Granny Starvers forever!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails