Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lack Of Representation

Apparently my Congressman, Republican dipstick Geoff Davis, has resigned this week effective immediately.

Rep. Geoff Davis (R-Ky.) -- who was already set to retire after this term -- announced Tuesday that he will resign immediately due to a recent  "family health issue."

"Recently, a family health issue has developed that will demand significantly more of my time to assist," Davis said in a statement. "As a result, I cannot continue to effectively fulfill my obligations to both my office and my family.  Family must and will come first."

He did not elaborate on the specifics of the health issue.

That means Dinosaur Steve can call a special election, and Democrat Bill Adkins is asking for help against Tea Party glibertarian Thomas Massie.  Massie is expected to win (this being NOBAMA Country and all) although Bill Adkins would be a hell of addition to Congress from a progressive point of view.   Both of my useless Senate appendages will be at a fundraiser for Massie in three weeks or so over in the nicer suburbs northeast of Louisville.

Bill could certainly use some help from you as a result.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails