Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oops! Airline Fluke Bills Passengers Repeatedly

DALLAS — Southwest Airlines says it has begun filing refunds to customers who were accidentally billed multiple times for a single flight, after a half-price online ticket promotion backfired.

The special sale designed to celebrate Southwest's reaching the three million mark in Facebook fans was supposed to give customers who booked flights on Friday a 50-percent discount on certain fares.

Instead, hundreds of frustrated would-be fliers wound up posting stories on social media about how their credit and debit cards were being repeatedly charged, in some cases 20 or more times.

Aggravating, but it happens.  They're making good on it, so while I can understand the frustration it will come out okay in the end.  Still, I can't imagine what I'd do if I checked my bank balance and saw I'd been billed twenty times for a flight.  I'm pretty sure I would faint after a long stream of poetic naughty phrases.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails