- President Obama signed a number of executive orders and unveiled a list of legislative goals for Congress to tackle on gun safety, but any legislation faces near total GOP opposition.
- A group of America's CEOs, the Business Roundtable, is calling for Social Security and Medicare cuts and raising the eligibility age of both to 70.
- Islamist militants in Algeria are holding dozens of foreign energy workers hostage at a gas field in retaliation for the French escalation of ground forces in neighboring Mali.
- The FAA has officially grounded all US Boeing 787 Dreamliners after a rash of electrical fires in the planes.
- The federal court district of East Texas is back on top when it comes to patent trolling cases filed by foreign companies to attack US patent holders.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Posted by Zandar