Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Favre Is Out

NFL.com is reporting that Brett Favre is staying retired.
Quarterback Brett Favre has decided to stay retired and not join the Vikings this season, he told NFL Network's Rich Eisen in a text message.

Vikings coach Brad Childress told The Star Tribune in Minneapolis that Favre didn't want to put himself through the grind of a 19th NFL season.

"I just think it was a rare opportunity to explore a Hall of Fame quarterback who had background in the NFC and in this division (with the Green Bay Packers)," Childress told The Star Tribune. "He knows our system inside out … This doesn't change anything about how I feel about our football team."

I think he made the right choice. NFL players older than I am should stay retired. Besides, I hear that there's at least one QB looking for a job if the Vikes are needing a backup...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails