Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Glennsanity Crosses The Rubicon

Where's the apology for this, folks?
On Fox & Friends today, Glenn Beck called Obama "a racist" during a discussion of how the president handled the arrest of Henry Louis Gates.

"This president, I think, has exposed himself as a guy, over and over and over again, who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture," Beck said. "I don't know what it is."

Following up on Beck's ridiculous claim, Fox's Brian Kilmeade pointed out that Obama is surrounded by white advisers like David Axelrod, Robert Gibbs and Rahm Emanuel.

"I'm not saying he doesn't like white people," Beck said. "I'm saying he has a problem. He has a -- this guy is, I believe, a racist."
Wow. Just...incredible. What does it take to get Glenn Beck fired, guys? Showing up to work in blackface? A white hood? A live segment where he burns a cross on the White House south lawn?

I'm not surprised in the least, however. I called this back on Monday. And believe it or not, if Glenn Beck's allowed to get away with this, it's only the beginning.

At some point we have to draw the line. I'm hoping Glenn Beck just did it for us.

2 comments:

The Grand Panjandrum said...

Yea. A real racist. He hated his mother's parents and has made every attempt to downplay the existence of these two fine folks.

I am happy Beck can infrequently come down from his cross and speak truth to power.

Zandar said...

Attacking Obama as a white-hating racist has been the plan for over a year now. The GOP smells blood and they are going for the kill now.

My fear is somebody takes that literally.

Related Posts with Thumbnails