Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Steal This Bike

Via Gawker, The Daily Caller's Mark Judge lives in DC and is white.  His bike was stolen last week.  This means that because DC's population is mostly black, that Mark Judge is now free to unleash his inner racist upon the Capital, unfettered by "guilt" or "the common sense God gave a spiny echidna" or "humanity".  Handy!

When I got home I vented to my friends. I told them I was going to scour those neighborhoods until I found the bike. In reply, a liberal friend gave me a lecture about profiling and told me to just forget about the bike. “That person needs our prayers and help,” she said. “They haven’t had the advantages we have.”

That’s when I lost it. I had been carefully educated by liberal parents that we are all, black and white, the same. My favorite movie growing up was “In the Heat of the Night.” Yet that often meant not treating everyone the same. It meant treating blacks with a mixture of patronizing condescension and obsequious genuflecting to their Absolute Moral Authority gained from centuries of suffering. It meant not treating everyone the same.

It meant leaving valuable things like a bike in a vulnerable position in a black part of town because you didn’t want to admit that the crime is worse in poor black neighborhoods.

And the shattered shards of Mark Judge's broken soul go flying around in his own personal blame-nado, shredding whatever decency he had left.  It gets worse from there.

I decided that I’m just going to let go of my white guilt. We’re all human, we all experience pain in our lives. And black pain is no different than white pain.

It felt good to say it: Black pain is no different than white pain. I’m tired of people using the moral authority of past generations for their own personal gain and self-aggrandizement. Soledad O’Brien, a Harvard graduate, acts like she just stepped off the Amistad.

Sure.  It's cool to ignore, belittle, and denigrate the black experience because you're tired of black people basically being black in your life, and if we would just stop being black, right?  Like Trayvon Martin?  Like those five shooting victims in Tulsa?  Like President Obama and the Obama family?

See, here's what guys like Mark here mean by "white guilt" and that is "I really don't like black people, and I really want to affix blame for racism in America on them exclusively, because I'm sick of having to keep the presence of mind to not offend them and I really haven't taken the time to try to understand them outside media stereotypes and the right wing bashing on the President for the last four years, and besides being a racist ass is just easier."

So yeah, another guy goes and "speaks the truth about blacks" and he'll be "unfairly persecuted in our overly politically correct society".  Which is where garbage like this always ends up in the end, down the same chute of racism as the rest.

Can't wait to hear the defense on this one.  But of course it's our fault because we had to have collectively stolen his bike, right?  And most of all throughout American history privileged white males have of course been the real victims of the last 250 years, right?

Jesus wept.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails