Sunday, January 10, 2016

Last Call For The Laughed-At Curve

Good thing Art Laffer is as good at political punditry as he is being an economist, huh.

Supply-side economist Arthur Laffer is predicting Republicans will win the White House in a landslide this year, regardless of the nominee.

“I would be surprised if the Republicans don’t take 45, 46, 47 states out of the 50,” Laffer told host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable” on New York’s AM-970 on Sunday.

“I mean, I think we’re going to landslide this election.”

Laffer, who served in various positions in the Nixon, Ford and Reagan administrations, said he is bullish on the entire Republican primary field.

“When I look at these candidates, I don’t see one of them who wouldn’t do a great job as president,” he said.

“I think Donald Trump is phenomenal, I think Rand Paul has done a great job, I even like Jeb Bush — I think Jeb Bush is great, he did a wonderful job in Florida,” he added. “Chris Christie – phenomenal.”

He said Democratic primary front-runner Hillary Clinton’s “day is over.”

“She would be defeated handily. I don’t think Hillary’s going to win this election no matter whom she runs against,” he said. “I mean, Hillary’s day is over."

This is just funny. Every presidential election is Reagan-Mondale in 1984 to these clowns, and gosh, the last six election they haven't even been able to top 286.

It's not that they can't win in 2016, far from it.  We know they will show up, because they are motivated by revenge against Obama and everyone who voted for him. The only question is whether or not our side goes to the polls at all in the states that are in play and try to stop them.

But 500+ EVs?  No.

Put that in the Future Stupidity files for sure.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails