- The US Women's National Team defeated the Netherlands 2-0 in France to win the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup, but the players still face an uphill battle for pay equality back home.
- Ten Democratic 2020 presidential hopefuls came to Houston over the weekend to speak to teachers at the National Education Association's first presidential forum of the year.
- The UK Ambassador to the US referred to the Trump regime as "inept" and "dysfunctional" in a series of memos leaked to the British Daily Mail newspaper on Sunday.
- Police in Hong Kong have arrested five as protest marches in the city continue over the now delayed policy to extradite criminals to mainland China.
- International researchers have concluded that a 33,000-year-old fossilized skull found in 1941 belonged to a murder victim, killed by blunt force trauma to the head.
Monday, July 8, 2019
Back on track after a holiday weekend, so here we go with the news: